Tough, Rugged, Dependable Vehicles Since 1949
Davis Taylor could scarcely have known where his engineering degree would take him, but his technical background and independent spirit led him to start a company that would later become a world class supplier of industrial vehicles.
Mr. Taylor initially built a small electric-powered cart for personal use in his poultry supply business. After receiving inquiries from other ranchers about the little cart, he decided to build a few of the carts for friends and neighbors. He built a 30' x 60' sheet metal facility on the orange grove adjacent to his home on Ball Road, in Anaheim, California. The year was 1949, and the business was named the “Taylor Shop.”
Fred Dunn joined the business in 1951, and several years later the company changed its name to Taylor-Dunn Manufacturing Company. Before long, the company began making and selling vehicles to hundreds of ranchers and nurseries from San Diego to Simi Valley.
Today, over 60 years later, Taylor-Dunn produces a broad line of electric and gas powered personnel, burden, and tow vehicles which are used in industry and commerce across the United States and throughout the world.